Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Winds of Change

I'm a big complainer of the wind. Too cold, too fast, wrong direction, amd I making ANY forward progress . . . you get the point.

A really fast runner mentioned to me the other day that he sometimes chooses his route based on the wind direction. I think he gets to a fork in the road and goes right or left based on the wind direction. That made me wonder how he makes his choice -- delayed gratification by starting off running into the wind for the "out" portion and reaping the benefits on the "back" section? Perhaps he likes to run into the wind on the way back since the combination of the second half fatigure and wind makes you "tougher". Whatever his choice, I can pretty much guarantee you that his reasoning does not revolve around what is "easier".

I don't have any running routes that offer directional options, so I guess you can say that I'm at the mercy of the wind. Today I ran with the wind on the out and against the wind on the back. I think I prefer it that way -- not because of the logic above but because I typically start sweating around half way and it's nice to have the wind in your face as you get hotter and hotter finishing the run. It's like sailing with the wind at your back -- it gets really hot because the wind is at a standstill relative to your motion.

I forgot the Garmin today, but my GPS-enabled phone has a runner-friendly application that takes measurements for me. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I assume it's at least as accurate as the Garmin since the GPS chip is better. I finally found out that my normal lunch route is 6.25 miles. The Garmin would never synchronize until I left downtown so I never knew how far it was, but the phone syncs up as soon as I step outside.

6.25 miles
46:10 minutes
7:23 pace

I ran the whole way without knowing the pace and I was pleasantly surprised that I was faster than the 7:45ish I was expecting.

Oh yes, I almost forgot to tie the title into this post -- those winds are bringing in 90 degree weather. I'm enjoying seeing my times drop right now as I get back into shape, but it won't be long before that is counteracted by the heat of the summer. Are you ready?

4 comments:

christian louboutin uk store sale said...

rey has been tamed, so that they no longer feel the stimulation, they also let it lose interest in hunting.Because of being left behind Las Vegas, winged snake Tong Qing also extremely dissatisfied. Behind such a thing prada bags ukin Tong Qing's view, is a direct insult to his wisdom." The auction tonight go together." Tong Qing stood behind Geng Yuhuai in the lobby." Don't you think you are more and more ecc

uth, the hearts of a large stone came to be considered, but also her mind was very contradictory. Because her daughter did not come back before, even if Hu Xiaoyan and then how to get this thing naughty, it would be only upset them the stink face, then inside, then outside the hint, and now her back door, and if her mother do not speak of this to do I am afraid really no peace at home. David Villa

l his shoe sketches in color — "In most cases, there's a Gucci handbagssignificant loss between the drawing and the final realization," Louboutin says. "Because of technical limitations, the heels are never quite fine enough, or the lines never arched enough. But for the Pansies, when the first shoe came off the line, a model in pink crepe, I saw that it couldn't have come any closer to the original drawing. A

perhaps no more hazardous than always doing the expected. Turning the glossy pages of this substantial book, the reader will see that its rewards are rich and varied.One of the original pair of red ruby slippers worn byCoach Backpacks Judy Garland for the character of Dorothy in the epic movie "The Wizard of Oz" will be up for auction on December 16th. This particular pair is marked #7 Judy Garland on the insid

celine bag said...

celine the planet well-known luxurious manufacturer. celine bags

consist of celine purse and so forth.
The brand new celine tote bags custom provide the actual the brand new determine.
celine handbag offers numerous types of supplies as well as colours.celine tote bags
Regardless of you need to consider picture on celine Boston Bags the street or

even within the history from the display location,celine luggage bags
it's the vibrant 1, and may cause you to attractive.

said...

sandales Christian Louboutin
Christian Louboutin pas cher
tee-shirts louis vuitton
louis vuitton pas cher
juicy couture tasche
louis vuitton tasche>
versace tasche
chloe tasche
gucci tasche
tee shirts polo
polo bolsas
tee shirts
ceinture en cuir
jeans
chaussures nike
chaussures puma
sac fendi
sac guess
sandales Christian Louboutin
Christian Louboutin pas cher
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
chloe tasche
ed hardy bolsas
sac chloe
sac dior

lin741852 said...

sac louis vuitton
sac gucci
sac burberry
portefeuille burberry
portefeuille dolce gabbana
portefeuille louis vuitton
lunettes de soleil burberry
lunettes de soleil louis vuitton
lunettes de soleil oakley
tee shirts louis vuitton femmes
tee shirts burberry femmes
tee shirts polo hommes
parfum chanel hommes
parfum gucci femmes