Tuesday, March 15, 2011

In Sickness and in Health

Health is not valued till sickness comes.
Thomas Fuller

I try to be keenly appreciative of my health. I consider it a blessing and a gift that I am nearing 40 with no major health issues yet.

That being said, I often fail in my attempt to offer thanks for my health until I find myself sick. Like today. Right now I'm not feeling 100%. I don't know if it's allergies or a virus, but my throat hurts and I'm generally achy. It's just a speed bump compared to more serious diseases, but if you ask my wife I'm sure she would tell you that I'm unbearable when I'm feeling this way.

So I looked forward to my lunchtime run for a different reason than normal today. I expected the achy feelings to ease after a warm-up and the heart rate to be generally higher at the same pace as non-sick runs. I wanted to analyze the correlation between sickness and heart rate during a run.

My hypothesis of a slower pace for the same HR followed through 3.5 miles -- an 8:03 pace at a HR of 135 BPM. And then something happened like a switch flipping, and I felt perfectly fine. I ran the next 4 miles at 7:41 with the same HR. I'm not sure what to make of that except that perhaps increasing my HR over my resting rate helped to temporarily flush out whatever was causing my ailment.

Overall: 7.38 M, 58:12, 7:53 pace, 135 avg HR

11 comments:

llq said...

pretty good post. I lawful stumbled upon your blog and wanted to command that I get really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any condition I’ ll be subscribing to your maintain and I hope you despatch again soon cheap mobile phone.

llq said...

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeousbridal jacket

Serta Mattress said...

Nice blog and very useful information

sofia123 said...

It's awesome work that you had done in this.If anybody ask me about this I can always say that it is the best ever it from others.There are some other information as online Hiv information to build our knowledge.

vacation to maldives said...

Excellent article, I will recommend my friends to read it.

mjshdiif said...

ame out in spiked Louboutin boots to tell everyone there wasn't a sale. No one else in line had a hard invite, except for a two girls who explained that a friend had forwarded them an invitation that said the sale began on Friday,Christian Louboutin Outlet for celebrities. That's consistent with what Madison Avenue Spy said yesterday: "An informant tells us that throughout Monday and over the weekend, A-list celebrities an

ople"; a people drifting towards an internecine conflict due to the actions of a regime which she loyally serves.Yet the one woman who managed to cultivate a smokescreen for the reality in Syria is President Assad's wife, Asma. A British-educated girl from west London, with a degree in computer science and a career in financial services, Asma was key asset for the regime.She and Bashar were the t

vent the registration of a mark used by the applicationChristian Louboutin Women's Pumps which has become distinctive of the applicant's goods in commerce." Tiffany argued that this statutory recognition that there is a broad universe of potentially trademark-able matter militates against the court carving out a blanket ruling that protection for single colors for use on fashion items is not available. Tiffany also argued that ca

not part of the use or purpose of the product itself. Aesthetic functionality was at issue in Jay Franco & Sons v. Franek, when the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit cancelled a federal trademark registration that Christian Louboutin Women's Slingbakclaimed the circular beach towel. The court held that, "[g]ranting a producer the exclusive use of a basic element [such as color] impoverishes other designers' palettes." The

campaign yard sign said...

Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.Keep up the good work!

jiulin said...

Women's shoes now look about in Bale as well. Asics OnitsukaThe shoes company was in actuality transformed utilizing the intro belonging toward Bale shoes even in spite within of the actuality that within Franklin and Marshall hoodies of your market. The Bale shoes have been completely released bearing a hip and trendy look. the north face
It may possibly be pointed out that in spite within of the actuality the simple fact that

Anonymous said...

招財方法
四面佛
開運
快速開運
台中油漆粉刷
失眠
痔瘡
置物櫃
助聽器
安養中心
防水
台北花店
大陸新娘
大陸新娘
隔熱紙
汽車隔熱紙
大樓隔熱紙
建築隔熱紙
大樓防爆模
貴金屬回收
電子零件回收
廢五金回收
下腳料回收
塑膠回收
三久太陽能
太陽能熱水器
三久太陽能熱水器
熱泵熱水器
高雄汽車借款
高雄機車借款
高雄借錢
高雄免留車
陽極處理
電鍍
鋁表面處理
硬陽處理
發色處理
輸送機
高溫爐
工作桌
測試機台
鋁擠型機架
陶瓷
石英
桃園室內設計
馬桶不通
通馬桶
抽水肥
抽化糞池
通水管

jessy said...

I really like your blog it's really nice.

Search Engine Marketing Company in india
Search Engine Optimization Company in india
Digital Marketing Company in india
Social Media Optimization Company in india
top web design companies
website design company
best website design companies
Website Design Companies
web development company india
web design company india

jessy said...

I really like your blog it's really nice.

Deals
best deals
travel deals
Cheap Deals
laptop deals
tv deals
online deals
best buy deals
great deals
camera deals