Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Resolution Run with Baton Rouge Club South Runners

5.97 miles, 48:55, 8:11 pace, HR Info skewed.

I'm driving back to Houston today to go to work tomorrow, but I had a chance to join the Baton Rouge Club South Runners for their annual New Year's Resolution Run today. It was good to meet Sarah? and Avi during the run. Sarah ran the mile for LSU until she graduated a few years ago, and Avi recognized my Kenyan Way shirt as he just moved from Houston to Baton Rouge. I think perhaps he moved to BR less than a week ago. Avi was a member of the Bayou City Road Runners in Houston, and gave me some good information about that group. They have a slew of 3:00 - 3:15 marathon runners in that group, which will be good for me when Kenyan Way ends next week. Avi himself has broken the three hour barrier. I'll probably join them for at least a run or two, and perhaps as a full member.

A good blogger would put a bit more thought into what I'm about to do, but I'm just going to wing it, without regard to reality:

New Year Running Resolutions/Goals:
1) Qualify for Boston at the 2008 Houston Marathon
2) Break 19:00 in a 5k
3) Win a poster at the Crescent City Classic
4) Break 40:00 in a 10k
5) Break 3:00 in a December marathon
6) Run 100 miles in one week
7) Introduce weight training to my regimen
8) Run more trail runs and consider entering Sunmart 50k race
9) Investigate an Ironman

What are your resolutions/goals?

No comments: