Thursday, January 31, 2008

Strollin' In Tha Hood

5.02 miles, 37:06, 7:23 pace, no HR info, Avg Cadence = 180

I came across two cool things today during my run. 1) There is a 24 hour Mexican restaurant about a half mile from my house. 2) My footpod can record cadence while the GPS mode is active. I'm not sure which makes me happier.

Everyone needs a late night diner close to their house. I ran by it twice and it smelled REALLY good, and that's coming from a person who is only marginally interested in Mexican food. I really like my neighborhood. It has an eclectic mix of people and stores, and I find something new just about any time I go out. Now if I could only find some furniture for the house.

As for the footpod, I read something today that told me the footpod would record and display your cadence while in GPS mode. I was under the impression that the footpod would only work when the GPS was turned off, like when you run on a treadmill. Now the geek in me has yet another metric to measure. Since the foot pod is worn on only one foot, the average was really 90 which I doubled to get to steps per minute. It's hard to believe that you can take three steps in one second, but it's not really that hard. I think I'll display real-time cadence on my watch from now on in at attempt to stem off the natural inclination to reduce my cadence as I fatigue. For example, my half mile splits have average cadences of: 91, 92, 92, 91, 90, 90, 89, 89, 90, 87.

4:01, 3:44, 3:35, 3:32, 3:41, 3:43, 3:45, 3:49, 3:44, 3:24

No comments: