Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Runnus Interruptus

2.31 miles, 17:09, 7:25 pace, Avg HR = 156

The good news: I felt great and I could have run my planned five miles without breaking a sweat.
The bad news: The PPM caught up with me like in a previous run, and I had to cut my run in half. Getting back home was tough, but thanks to the Garmin 305 watch's mapping capability I was able to take the most direct route back home.

I suppose it's all for the best, since I'll be doing my first post-marathon speed work tomorrow and it wouldn't hurt to take an easy day.

As a bit of an explanation for my long blogging absence, I should say that I've been in the middle of a move to my new house. I've also been pretty busy at work and I didn't have time to blog at work. But I finally got Internet service at my new house today, so I should be blogging more. It's an exciting time for me because I'm shifting gears from training for a marathon to training for my goal race -- the Crescent City Classic 10K. I'd love to break 40 minutes at that one, but I have a lot of work ahead of me. It's less than nine weeks away.

health check from 1/27/08:
151#, 11% body fat (up on both counts since I went on a bit on an eating binge over the past few weeks after the marathon.) 145# and 10% seems to be my best weight.

half mile splits:
3:45, 3:39, 3:39, 3:41, 2:22 (.31 miles, 7:38 pace)

No comments: