Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kenyan Way Long Run

12.05 miles, 1:32:12, 7:38 pace, max HR = 157, avg HR = 141 (2% Z4, 93% Z3), 79 degrees, 82% humidity

I missed my chance to join Stephanie's group today, and their run on League Line Road in Conroe. It's a hilly route, and I was looking foward to it. I set my alarm to the correct time to meet the group, but I forgot to turn on the alarm.

When I woke up I realized I could meet up with the Kenyan way crew. I joined the 3:00 pace group, but they left me pretty much immediately. They took off quickly at a sub 7:30 pace, but I tend to need a warm up mile or two to warm up. Plus, they were only scheduled for 8 and I wanted to get 12 today. Also, I need to be rested for my Sunday long runs so I don't get embarassed running with the Tornados.

I enjoyed the run, and managed to keep my heart rate pretty low until the very end when I picked up the pace about the time the heat also picked up.

-----
TDLY - 7/11/07 - AM Kenyan Way, PM Run with Cory at Memorial Park, 6.02 miles, 53:40, 8:54 pace, Max HR = 171, Avg HR = 152

No comments: