Friday, December 14, 2007

Health Check 1

As I mentioned in a previous entry, I intend to update my health information from time to time. I tracked down my latest checkup from work the other day, and will list the data from that.

You may recall me mentioning that I had an appointment a few weeks ago to measure my VO2 Max. A typical, comprehensive test includes an oxygen mask to measure the percentage of oxygen and carbon dioxide generated while you are exercising at your maximum capability. The free test I signed up for was not a comprehensive test. They put you on a treadmill to run 1.5 miles as fast as you could, and then doubled that to get a 5k time. From that, they used your age and sex in a look up table to find your predicted VO2. I was disappointed when I found out their methodology, and I ended the test early.

Tests taken on 9/26/07:
Height 5'11"
Waist 33"
Blood Pressure 126/78
Fasting Glucose 81
Pulse 62
Total Cholesterol 178
HDL 48
LDL 119 -- "near optimal"
Triglycerides 54

Weight/% body fat today:
145#
10%

VO2 Max, per 19:18 5k at 11/22/07 Turkey Trot
51.92

There is some great info on VO2 at http://www.brianmac.co.uk/vo2max.htm.

No comments: