Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Knew This Would Happen

6.03M, 51:01, 8:27, Max HR = 141, Avg HR = 127

After six straight weeks of following my training plan almost perfectly, things fell apart today thanks to a long work day. I didn't get a chance to run my evening run, and it's not looking good for me to run tomorrow evening either. I knew as soon as I "published" my training plan, it would fall apart.

That being said, it's a good time to run a few less miles than I planned because I'm starting to feel tired and uninspired. As I've commented before, I believe that running is far more cerebral than most people assume. The way I usually apply that knowledge is by saying "if the mind says you can do it, then you will succeed." But the flip side of that statement is "if the mind says you CAN'T do it, then you will fail." I don't want to say that I'm feeling like a failure, but I'm certainly ready for a breather to recharge my batteries.

Today I found out that my company has an unclaimed entry to a 5K race this weekend, so I'm considering a race this weekend as a threshold workout.

My run this morning was pretty slow, but that's probably to be expected since I started at 5:09 AM (I'm never fast in the morning) and I ran nine miles ten hours ago at a sub-7:45 pace.

9:21, 8:19, 8:32, 8:10, 8:20, 8:06

No comments: