Thursday, May 22, 2008

Late Evening Easy Run

4.5 miles, 38:04, 8:27 pace, Max HR = 144, Avg HR = 136

Not a lot to report here. I ran late this evening rather than after work because I hit the company happy hour and ran after Julie went to sleep. I took it easy because I'm going to hit Will's Hills with full force early tomorrow morning. My goal was easy and consistent.

During my run I saw a couple of rabbits that live in the shrubs of White Oak Park, and a very large bird of undetermined species. As I was heading home I caught a smell that threw me back to childhood. "They" say the olfactory senses are hardwired to your memories. Certain smells can trigger memories from long ago.

The smell I experienced was that of lumber in a house under construction. My father was a roofer and I was on the jobsite many times on the weekends while he put the roof on new houses. It was usually exciting for me to see a house go up, trying to understand the hows and whys through observation.

8:27, 8:23, 8:39, 8:27, 4:04 for .5 miles (8:08 pace)

-----
This Day Last Year (TDLY) - 5/22/07 - Rest Day. Blog Entry.

No comments: