Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rolling through the Park

Bike Ride to Discovery Green, Bike Ride to the Medical Center.

After eight consecutive days of running, I took the day off today. Julie and I took a leisurely bike ride downtown to Houston's newest park, Discover Green. We listened to a concert, watched the remote control sailboats, and looked at the kids cooling off in the water park section.

Afterwards I picked up the pace and rode my bike from downtown to the medical center. I averaged a 4:12 pace over 4.53 miles, which is about 14MPH. I think that was pretty good for a dirt bike on city streets with stoplights. I didn't wear my heart rate monitor, but I got a good workout.

-----
TDLY - 5/25/07 - Kenyan Way Progressive Run, Max HR = 181. After a warm up, I ran each half mile lap progressively faster. My heart rate ramped up linearly. Check out my Blog Entry for a cool heart rate graph.

No comments: