Saturday, October 18, 2008

Back with Steph's Crew

13.27M, 1:45:42 moving time, 7:58 pace, Max HR = 151, Avg HR = 118, 8% Z3, 85% Z2, 5% Z1

It's always good to run with Steph's crew. They're recently back from the St. George Marathon, where they all kicked butt despite adverse weather conditions.

Today's run was easy thanks to the weather front that pushed through. The average temperature was 59 degrees with 85% humidity. It was almost too cold for me, and I wish I had brought some gloves along. I don't know how it happens, but my hands get cold and sweaty at the same time. Why are they sweating if I'm cold? I've been known to run without a shit but with gloves. This would have been one of those days if I remembered the gloves. One of the reasons why I think I stayed cold today was because I get cold during the breaks. Today I took 20 minutes of breaks over spread out over two hours.

This week's total mileage was 63M. My plan over the next couple of weeks is:
70M
70M
50-55M
30-35M -- Race week (30K)

If the 30K on Nov 16 goes well then I won't race again until the Marathon.

No comments: