Monday, October 20, 2008

Easy 10 With Some Friends

10.11M, 1:27:51, 8:41 pace, Max HR = 135, Avg HR = 119

This was a nice, easy run with Jackie (first Memorial Park loop) and Ilya (first and second loop). I totally invited myself, because I know Jackie doesn't like to run with other people. And even though I end up talking with Ilya before and and after runs, I've never run with him. The conversation was great -- Ilya could talk the bark off of a tree. I think he knows everyone in the park, and he joked that he is the "Mayor of Memorial Park." He has my vote.

I ran the remaining four miles by myself. My heart rate stayed low as did my pace. I was a bit concerned because I have a small bump on the bottom of the arch of my right foot. It's sore to the touch, but doesn't hurt otherwise.

This week I'm going to try to do so something that's a little foolish. But I'm not going to tell you what it is until the end of the week. And I promise I'll tell, regardless of whether I succeed or fail.

No comments: