Thursday, September 27, 2007

Another Rest Day

As I mentioned yesterday, I decided to take today off. I work a 9/80 schedule, which means I work 80 hours over 9 days, and get every other Friday off. I haven't been able to get away from work on my past few Fridays, but I'll be able to take off tomorrow.

Fridays are my normally scheduled rest days for running, but since I didn't run on Monday or Thursday, I'll probably hit the trail tomorrow. I think Sean wants us to take Friday off so we'll be up for our long runs. But we're only running 10 miles on Saturday (I never thought I'd say "only ten") after long runs of 16, 15 and 14. In other words, I think I'll be ok to go for a run tomorrow after I sleep in late.

The real news of the day was an "emergency" email I got saying that the Houston Marathon is now 90% full, and expected to be full by the end of the week. So, I signed up for my second marathon before I even ran my first. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Isn't it amazing what a jump in price will do for the "fill up" of the marathon/half harathon?