Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday Rice Run

6.05 miles, 48:15, 7:58 pace, Avg HR = 149, Max HR = 164

After a long weekend without enough rest, and a moderately hard workout on Sunday night, I didn't manage to get up early enough to do the Kenyan Way hill session yesterday. Work kept me late, so I couldn't do the workout in the evening either. I guess it's all for the best, since I could use the rest day.

I usually don't have a pace or distance in mind when I run my Tuesday and Thursday runs because they are supposed to be run at a leisurely pace. I usually try to listen to my body and do an extra lap or pick up the pace if I'm feeling well, or back down if I'm not up to it. That being said, I pushed this one a bit harder than normal because I didn't run yesterday. It ended up being suprisingly difficult, and not typical of my Tuesday efforts. After a couple of miles I knew I was going to keep this one short and only make one lap around Rice.

8:05, 7:47, 8:03, 8:05, 8:00, 7:55

No comments: