Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fatige Run

10.15 miles, 1:18:17, 7:42 pace, Max HR = 157, Avg HR = 148 (77% Max), no cadence

In an attempt to ramp up my mileage, I hit the road today despite being sore and tired from yesterday's run. It was difficult, and I can't remember being this fatigured during a run in quite some time (marathons excluded.)

I usually like to rotate my shoes, but ever since I purchased my foot pod for cadence measurements, I've run in the same pair every day. My one complaint about the foot pod is that it laces into the shoes, so you have to unlace it in order to switch shoes. Since I've put some hard miles in the past few days, I decided to rotate out the shoes and forego cadence measurements. I ran in the very first shoes I started running in with PIM . . . Asics 2120. I've purchased three pairs of Brooks since then (ok) and one pair of cheap Mizunos (terrible). The Brooks and Mizunos purchases were based on pricing. If I had any sense at all I never would have left the Asics because they fit my feet perfectly and feel great after hundreds of miles.

The high temperature during my run was 75 degrees, which is dreamy compared to summer running in Houston. But as I'm approaching my second summer of running I'm dreading the oncoming heat. In other words, it was very hot over the past few miles.

I maintained a very steady pace the whole time. My average pace was 7:42, and my plus/minus two sigma deviation produced a band of 26 seconds. So 97.7% of my miles would have been at 7:42 plus or minus 13 seconds, if this z chart is correct. My boundaries get even tighter if I disregard the warm up first mile (plus/minus 9 seconds).

Parts of mile three and mile 5.5 to 6.5 had a relatively stiff headwind.

I'm still psyched over my Park to Park run, but they didn't post my official time due to some timing issues and I may never know exactly what my time was. Regardless, it has to be within a few seconds of what I reported yesterday . . . 31:26. Some race equalivent calculators give me confidence that I can break 40 minutes in a 10k. I think I need a bit more training, but hopefully that will happen before New Orleans.

7:57, 7:39, 7:40, 7:46, 7:48, 7:43, 7:38, 7:46, 7:36, 7:36

No comments: