Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday in the Park

3.07 miles, 25:23, 8:26 pace, Avg HR 137, Cadence = 88

Today got off to a quick start . . . 7AM Mass, a grocery trip and three miles at Memorial Park with Julie all before 9:45 AM. I kept up the pace and went to Home Depot after the run to purchase a ladder. I'm 33 years old, but I've never owned a ladder before.

After trimming some branches and setting up the satellite dish I was ready for a nap. Even though I didn't run very hard today, there are some days where I just need a nap. One of the interesting things about my running is that I've learned to listen to my body. I can feel my good days and bad days on the trail, I recognize my nutritional cravings, and I can tell when I need a nap. I'm pretty sure a nap is a great way to recover after a hard workout. I've read that some elites take naps between their two-a-day workouts. Obviously I didn't hit it that hard today, but I've found that a 30 minute nap after a long run can make a world of difference.

I let Julie dictate the pace, and we ran negative splits for each half mile split.
4:33, 4:19, 4:15, 4:14, 4:04, 4:01

No comments: