Thursday, November 8, 2007

Easy and Then Hard

8.06 miles, 1:03:30, 7:53 pace, Max HR = 163, Avg HR = 145
40 minutes stationary bike immediately afterwards

I started out on an easy recovery run around Rice, and then someone passed me at about 4.5 miles. I seldom get passed while running at rice (Memorial Park is a different story altogether.) Now common sense says to allow myself to recover and let Mr. Speedy go on about his own business, but I had a racehorse reaction and bolted after I was passed. I suppose I should be less competitive with external forces in regards to running. The battle is within, and I'll only be disappointed if I compare myself against other runners because there will always be someone better than me. What can I say? . . . I guess I'm not that mature. Incidentally, I didn't pass him before he quit running.

8:41, 8:11, 8:14, 8:11, 7:39, 7:34, 7:33, 7:13

No comments: