Friday, November 30, 2007

MD Anderson to Home

5.22 miles, 45:42, 8:45 pace, Max HR = 146, Avg HR = 136

As we get older, we tend to get wiser. Sometimes. Often I manage to buck that trend.

I shouldn't have played soccer the other day. I didn't injure myself, but I'm still feeling sore in some muscle groups that I apparently don't use when I run. I'm sure everything will work itself out within a day or two, but right now I'm wondering why I took the chance. (I scored a goal on a deflection!)

I took yesterday off to recover and because I went to see the LSU women play the University of Houston women in basketball. Julie and I started off with a pre-game meal of Vietnamese noodles at a restaurant just outside of the gates of the university. I wish I could remember the name. The LSU women opened up an early lead and took care of business 77-46.

So this morning I hopped a ride with Julie to her work. It's kind of nice to do a one-way run, where you end up in a different place than you start. I took this one easy.

9:25, 8:32, 8:36, 8:48, 8:42, 5:46 for .18 miles (8:02 pace)

No comments: