Sunday, March 9, 2008

Aborted Long Run Attempt

3.02 miles, 21:40, 7:11 pace, Cadence = 90

I set out to run home after mass at the Catholic Church in Memorial Park. After a mile or two my knee pains didn't go away, so I decided to keep it to only one lap of Memorial and go home to recouperate.

I've been having a pain in the outside of my right knee for a few weeks. It usually loosens up early into the run. I think it's because my IT band is tight on my right side. I don't know if this matters or not, but my right leg is shorter than my left. As a result I land on my feet differently, as is evidenced by the wear pattern on my shoes. Apparently this is relatively common.

On the plus side, all of my splits (except one) were run as negative splits, and my last mile was just under 7:00.

3:47, 3:42, 3:32, 3:36, 3:31, 3:27

No comments: