Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Will's Hills - 3

9x200 with equal rest, 5MR, 9x200 with equal rest

This workout was structured as a relay. You run 200 and rest while your partner runs his 200. My partner got a little more than he could handle since my splits were faster than his. As a result his rest was insufficient and mine was more than it should have been.

I like this format, as it introduces the element of competition into training. I didn't run these at maximal effort, but I'm still a bit fatigued from the relay last weekend even though I didn't run on Monday or Tuesday.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5110872

Will leads the group in five to eight minutes of plyometrics and strength training after the workouts. I learned an exercise that burns the quads in no time at all . . . running up hills backwards. We also hopped up hills on one leg, and on both legs. I've neve done any exercises like this, and I'm hoping it will help prepare me for the Ogden Marathon.

No comments: