Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mid Week Wrap-Up

It's been a tough few days of running.
Monday -- hills in AM, 7M in PM
Tuesday -- track workout in PM
Wednesday -- Will's Hills speed work in AM, PIM in evening, 2.5M run home afterwards

It's not the work load that professional runners carry, but it was a tough stretch by my normal standards. I mentioned to Julie that I think I would enjoy running for a living. She laughed. If you knew me a year ago you can understand why that was a funny thing for me to say. But now I really think I would enjoy putting running as the highest non-family priority in my life. The work is intellectually and obviously physically stimulating, and I would tackle it with everything I had. Don’t get me wrong . . . I could never compete at the level required to be a professional runner. I’ll never be that fast at any distance. But it is fun to daydream about.

No comments: