Saturday, March 1, 2008

TIR - About to start Leg 5

Hillarie looked strong on her leg and came in well ahead of pace. She's doing a great job as captain.
I tagged along with Tracy for leg 2 and tried not to hold her back. We saw a dead skunk in a tree. You just don't see that in Houston. Skunk aside, she finished ahead of pace as well.
I ran leg 3 solo. It's a long gravel road (8.78 miles) through cow pastures. The local beer is obviously Natural Light because I saw cans all along the route. 1:04, 7:17 pace. My knee is bothering me now, so I took 800mg of ibuprofen and iced it to get ready for leg 10.
Mike tackled leg 4 valiantly, despite a late, blind hill just before the finish.
Charlie is on leg 5 right now. Everyone has been ahead of schedule, and he promised to "get us back on schedule" :^)

My total mileage so far 14.75, 1:57:12

No comments: