Thursday, April 3, 2008

Easy 11 Before Vacation

10.97 miles, 1:37:40, Max HR = 136, Min HR = 128, pace = 8:54

I wanted to get in about 1 hr and 30 mins of running this morning before heading out of town to visit my sister, her husband, and my NEW Niece! Hopefully I'll be able to upload some pictures from Minot, ND!

I didn't set the watch to record each .5 mile "lap", so I don't have any split information. But I'm pretty sure I ran this very consistently as it was my goal to take it very easy today. And I succeedd, at least in terms of heart rate. I've never run so far and put so little strain on my heart . . . 90% zone 2, 6% zone 3, 4% zone 1.

I'm resting up for a long run in Minot, and I have a lot of mileage this week (plus two races), so I'm glad I was able to reign in the horses and take it easy. (I didn't look at my watch until I was an hour into my run.)


----------
TDLY:
3.00 miles, 27:42, 9:14 pace, no HR info.

I remember that run like it was yesterday. It was my first time to run along Buffalo Bayou, and it was really hot (5PM, 82 degrees.) We ran by the Waugh Bridge and it stunk to high heaven. At the time I thought it was the smell of homeless peoples' urine, but I found out later a bat colony lives there. I have to be honest -- this run almost broke me. I hated ever second of it and I wanted to quit and never run again.

No comments: