Friday, April 4, 2008

Minot Oak Park Run

3.41 miles, 29:53, 8:46 pace, Cadence = 85, 39 degrees, 45% humidity

My sister and brother-in-law live very close to Oak Park, so Julie and I suited up and went for a neighborhood acclimation run. It was a pleasant park with black squirrels and Canadian Geese, something we don't see too often in Houston. The trail winds through a Girl Scout camp. Another thing we don't see in Houston is frozen lakes and rivers. I thought the snow piles and frozen waterways would be history this far into spring, but obviously not! Despite the cold, it felt great when we were running, and all I wore was a long sleeve and short sleeve technical shirt, a pair of shorts, and a skull cap.

Friday is my normal rest day, so I took it easy today in preparation of a long run tomorrow. I'm not sure how long I'm going to run or where I'm going to go, but Minot is small enough that I can't really get lost. The perimeter of the city is probably around 50 miles, so it shouldn't be too hard to zigzag around and pick up some mileage. There are plenty of landmarks and the city is divided into quadrants with street and avenue numbers, so you can almost navigate by Cartesian coordinates. I'm also going to try to meet up with the Magic City Striders who do their long runs as a group on Saturdays.

-----
TDLY - Pre-PIM Run of 3.01 miles, 28:51, 9:35 pace, Max HR = 163, Avg HR = 142, PIM Loop of Memorial and Speed Work on Track

No comments: