Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Can't Get Going

0.57 miles, 5:47, 10:06 pace

I know this subject is tiresome, but I'm officially hurt once again. I guess it would be more accurate to say that I never fully repaired from my Achilles issue. After running with Stephanie's group on 5/31, I limped around most of the day and skipped the Sunday Tornado long run that I planned in an attempt to heal. I also skipped Monday's Will's Hills.

I guess skipping Monday threw me off, because Monday night I set my alarm clock in time to get up for Will's Hills the next day -- 5AM. I crawled out of bed and drove over to the meeting spot, only to discover that it was indeed Tuesday, and we only meet on MWF. What was I thinking?

I drove back home but my spirit was broken and I only managed to go one block before determining that I wouldn't be running today.

Thus I produced my shortest ever recorded run today. And even at that really slow pace, my leg hurt. What to do . . .?!

-----
TDLY - 6/1/07 - Rest
6/2/07 - 2007 Houston Heights 5K - 5K, 21:57, 7:03 pace, Max HR = 187, Avg HR = 170, 55% Z5, 37% Z4, 73 degrees, 94% humidity. This should provide an interesting comparison for repeat of the Heights 5K this coming Saturday. Blog Entry 1. Blog Entry 2. Blog Entry 3.
6/3/07 - Rice Long Run, 8.87 miles, 1:19:20, 8:56 pace, Max HR = 165, Avg HR = 152, 55% Z4, 39% Z3. I had a conversation recently about what constitutes a long run. Now I would say that anything less than 10 miles isn't a long run, but back then it certainly was. In fact, this was the longest run I ever did up to that date. This is also possibly the first time I ever had Jamba Juice after a run. Blog Entry.

No comments: