Friday, June 6, 2008

Will's Hills 19 - Easy Workout before Race Day

Short hill session and lap around the bayou, Max HR = 152.

Will's instructions for the day were for those racing tomorrow to take it easy and run only one lap of hills before jogging around the bayou. I didn't get much of a workout, but that worked out well for me. I'm still trying to favor my leg and I didn't want to expend too much energy before my race tomorrow.

It was nice to take this at a leisurely pace and not worry about work, since today is my day off.

The leg feels OK, but I can tell something is wrong. There is a small bump where a bump shouldn't be -- kinda scary. Things aren't looking good for my race tomorrow. But if I can't run a good race, at least I'll try to host a good post-race party. Yes, I'm a proud Heights resident and I'm excited about inviting over dozens of my sweaty friends over to my house after the race for some post-race refreshments and stories. I'm cooking enough to feed 50 people, based on the response from my evite. I only hope my supply can keep up with the real-time demand. (I hope I can cook the burgers fast enough.)

-----
TDLY - 6/4/07 - KW - Max HR = 168. Steepest hills ever for KW. (I only ran this course once.) Blog Entry.
6/5/07 - Short Run around Hermann before dinner, 2.84 Miles, 23:20, 8:13 pace, Max HR = 171, Avg HR = 146, 34% Z4, 44% Z3, 18% Z2. Blog Entry.
6/6/07 - KW Warm Up and KW 200M three man relays, Max HR = 174. I ran 12x200M at about 38 seconds each. Blog Entry.

No comments: