Monday, June 23, 2008

Will's Hills 23 - Goodbye Wills Hills?

5.47 Miles, 48:16, 8:49 pace, Max HR = 143, Avg HR = 127, 26% Z3, 67% Z2

Today was my last day as a regular participant in Will's Hills. I have to cut back on the number of intensive miles I've been running or face health consequences, so I decided to stop going to Will's Hills on a regular basis.

old regimen:
M - hills
Tu - speed work with tornados
W - hills
Th - threshold work with tornados
F - hills
Sa - moderate distance at easy pace
Su - long run

I would take a break whenever I was completely exhausted or injured. I'm breaking down at this pace.

new regimen:
M - Easy Day
Tu - speed work with tornados
W - Easy Day/Recovery
Th - threshold work with tornados
F - rest (no running at all)
Sa - moderate distance at easy pace
Su - long run

I'm swapping Will's Hills for rest and easy days.

So, as sad as it will be to put Will's Hills down for a while, it's for the best. Perhaps it's appropriate that my last day was the first day for my friends Laurie and Randy from Stephanie's Saturday long run group. They're great people, as is the rest of the Will's Hills group, so I hope they will enjoy it in preparation for their St. George Marathon in Utah.

I ran with Laurie and Randy today, and our assignment was 1 minutes fast, 1 slow, 2 fast, 2 slow for about five miles. We also ran a warm up and warm down.

-----
TDLY - 6/23/07 - Houston Fit Long Run, 8.78 miles, 1:28:31, 10:04 pace, max HR = 148, Avg HR = 137. This was my first "official" long run with a marathon training group. Blog Entry.

No comments: